Confetti cannons are fun and creative accessories you can use for any party, but are especially fun for gender reveal parties.
It’s enjoyable to announce the gender of your soon-to-be family member with friends and loved ones present, and a baby gender reveal confetti cannon is exactly what you’ll need to reveal the big secret.
What is a Gender Reveal Confetti Cannon?
The cannon will create a colorful cloud of pink or blue confetti when you’re ready to reveal your baby’s gender. This is such a fun and exciting way to announce the news with your friends and family.
Gender reveal confetti cannons are designed so guests can’t see the color of confetti before the big announcement. They come with a stick-on tag confirming the color, which you can pull off before giving them out to your guests.
Gender reveal cakes can make it a challenge for you to reveal the secret to all guests at once. Confetti cannons for gender reveal are the perfect way to do this on any gender reveal party as they are highly visible and a fun way to announce your surprise to family and friends.
Guests will not only be surprised by the gender, they’ll also be amazed by the colorful and beautiful shower of confetti from the confetti shooter.
Most cannons are delivered in a beautifully-designed box that adds to the celebration of your upcoming reveal.
Where Can I Buy Gender Reveal Confetti Cannons?
You can find gender reveal confetti poppers on Amazon, Ebay and Etsy or on any well-sorted party supplies shop.
How to Use Gender Reveal Confetti Cannons
The gender reveal confetti poppers are easy to use and they shoot really high (up to 15 feet in the air). They can be used indoors or outside and are completely smoke-free.
A cloud of pink or blue tissue biodegradable tissue paper fill the air when they are popped.
The canisters are around 12-inch long and only 2 inches in diameter and can be held with one hand while you use the other hand to twist the bottom.
For best results and for your safety, be sure and aim straight up toward the sky when popping them. The confetti cannons are spring loaded and have no combustible materials.
The confetti poppers can be a bit loud as they pop with a ton of force which is really cool. However, we wouldn’t recommend giving one to a small child.
Some people prefer confetti cannons better than gender reveal smoke bombs. If you prefer a combination there are also smoke and confetti cannon shooters available with a combination of both smoke and confetti.
Related articles: Gender Reveal Burnout
Choose a Biodegradable Gender Reveal Confetti Cannon
The fact that your confetti poppers are filled with biodegradable tissue paper makes the clean-up a whole lot easier and more environmentally friendly and sustainable.
DIY Gender Reveal Confetti Cannons
To make your own DIY gender reveal confetti cannons is fun and actually really simple.
Things you’ll need:
Paper tube roll (toilet paper rolls will work fine)
Tape (you can find duct tape in a variety of colors and patterns to match your preferred color scheme)
Decorative paper or regular colored paper
Stickers or markers to decorate
Colored tissue or construction paper for confetti
Small rubber band
How to do:
- Cut your paper towel/toilet paper rolls to your preferred size. If you’re using toilet paper rolls, I recommend cutting them in half, and if you’re using paper towel rolls you can cut them in quarters. You’ll want your roll to be about as tall as your duct tape is wide, so you can use that as a guide.
- Tie a knot at the stem of a deflated balloon where the balloon starts to curve. Then, cut off the top of the balloon.
- Stretch the balloon over the end of your paper roll with the knot at the bottom.
- Tape the balloon to the paper roll with packing tape, or another kind of strong tape. The easiest way to do this is to line up the top of your roll along one edge of the duct tape, and just wrap it around your roll.
- To decorate your confetti cannon, cut decorative paper or colored paper to size so it will fit around your tube. Add washi tape or stickers and color with markers and crayons, and then wrap it around the tube and secure it with tape.
- Now, fill the tube one-quarter full of confetti with the color of your coice for your gender announcement, and you’re ready to go. To make the confetti, cut tissue paper, colored paper, or scrapbooking paper into little squares. You can also be a little bit more creative and cut different shapes.
- Cover the tube with a piece of tissue paper and secure it with a rubber band to keep everything inside until you are ready to use.
- When you are ready to use your confetti cannons, remove the rubber bands, just pull down on the knotted end of your balloon, aim, and let go. Be ready for a shower of confetti to celebrate the big reveal.
One Popper For Every Person
Get at least one popper for every adult. It is actually a really good amount of confetti in every confetti popper but the more people you have available to release poppers, the cooler the effect will be. Get your camera ready and snap some photos of the memorable moment.
Pro tips: The blue confetti really blends in with the blue sky in pictures. Not a huge deal, but something to keep in mind if you’re photographing the event.
Related: Gender Reveal Bath Bombs
Make your gender reveal party the one everyone talks about for years with a festive and exciting confetti cannon for gender reveal.
Whether you’re having a boy or a girl, a new baby is always a reason to celebrate. Have an amazing time!